I was so stoked this week to FINALLY get this new cd i have been waiting for. His name is MAT MCHUGH. not MATT but MAT. He is the lead singer for the beautiful girls. They are on of my favorite bands. They come out of australia and are so good. He decided to do a side project of some acoustic stuff he had been working on and tried a little solo thing. No worries. He has not left the beautiful girls. I totally recommend this cd. Check it out on i tunes. The album is called separatista. It is pretty chill and does a version of "ring the alarm" a classic sublime song. Also if you don't know me well and i haven't burned you any cds check out the beautiful girls. They have acoustic/roots reggae/dub sound. It is way chill. Let me know what ya think of the stuff by leaving a comment.
Monday, October 27, 2008
Posted by Dan Kettle at Monday, October 27, 2008
Sunday, October 12, 2008
So my good friend Shanster Tagged me... Like a few weeks ago.. Not so good at these but i'll give it a shot..
Basic rules....List 3 joys, 3 fears, 3 current obsessions/collections, 3 surprising facts, and then tag 5 other people. Leave a comment for the people you tag so they know they have been tagged.
1. My Family and Good Friends. I love being around my family and the little nephews and nieces. We always have a good laugh or funny story. My Close friends in many ways have been family to me and are included. Good Times for sure with my friends.
2.Traveling/Surfing/Ocean. Well this is no surprise to most of you. I LOVE TO TRAVEL SURF AND BE CLOSE TO THE OCEAN. Along with this goes family and friends. I have done these things with them which has made it even more of a cool experience. From the Carribean to yearly California trips to Hawaii (esp. the Maui trip and Kauai). It has given me so much. New insight and Postitive memories. Nothing better.
3. God. All of the above has been given to me by God. All i have and do is from Him. I feel extremely blessed and grateful for the experiences i've had that God gave me to help me learn.
4. Music. I know it was only three but Music is a huge part of my life. Love to listen to it. Play it. Figure it out. Learn it. Experience it. write it. Its been a huge role for me. Loved writing music with my good friend Drew and Brian. OAC for Life
1. Heights. May be a shock to some but its true. After living in Hawaii and going on crazy adventures and cliff jumping im slowly overcoming it or dealing with it really.
2. Getting Older. I love staying young and doing everything. I don't like to grow older. At the same time it has given me new insight and different opportunities.
3. Voting. Not a real fear but in this election I don't trust either of the candidates or their plans.
3 Current obsessions/collections.
1. Photography/Film/Editing. I have always loved these and have done more film/editing than photography but just got a new lens for my camera and have loved exploring photagraphy with film. Good Combination.
2. i pods. This has been a collecting item for me. No im not collecting all the versions. Its not a hobby i like. I have gone through 4-5 ipods in the last 4 years. Most of them stolen and one recently died a month out of warranty.
3. My beard. Grew a beard in the last little while and i have come to like it and seeing the reactions of everyone. ha ha ha I'll post pictures of my latest trip so you can see it. Classic.
3 Surprising facts.
1. I have a beard. ha ha
2. I've never broken a bone
3. Im purchasing a vehicle
Ok now that i got that done i will tag... lacey Kressin... Malia and stu if he ever reads it.. Spencer Pearson ha ha ha... do it spence... Chelse matthews... ashley flake and... What the heck lets throw in Kristi and Jess. Nettie you would be tagged if you FINALLY got a blog ha ha
Posted by Dan Kettle at Sunday, October 12, 2008
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -- Mark Twain
I couldn't agree more with mark twain. So this summer one of my goals was to get a passport and about two months ago it was accomplished. You have no idea how stoked I was to get it in the mail that day. This just opened the world to me. So many places to see. So many cultures to learn and experience. So much to learn from other people. So many thoughts ran through my head of all the places I have talked about going and seeing so many places my good friends live throughout the world. Since I have delve into the world of surfing, it has opened my eyes to new places i wouldn't have thought of going too. Whenever I travel its such an interesting experience for me. I learn so much and just try to soak it all in. my travels thus far have been small but have taught me much. A few places im dying to see: Brazil, Indonesia, India, Egypt, Costa Rica, Panama and many others. Let me know your TOP THREE PLACES TO TRAVEL OR HAVE TRAVELED.
"Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." –- Miriam Beard
Posted by Dan Kettle at Sunday, October 12, 2008
Saturday, October 4, 2008
This was a month or two ago. So there are good things about moving back to Utah... It took awhile to find but its found. CONCERTS ha ha This local radio show 101.9 THE END is one of the only radio stations that plays Surf music such as jack, tristan, and Donavon. It so happens that Donavon Frankenreiter was cruising around in Utah for no reason and they got him to do a small show in the park. It was so rad. When i heard it on the radio i was super stoked on it. It was gonna be at a park close to downtown salt lake at noon. I knew this would be a way low key show and it totally was. Most people in Utah don't listen to "Beach Music" as the radio DJ's call it in a somewhat slandering way... Which is fine by me cause they just haven't lived the good life. ha ha I show up and donnie is just hanging out right there and totally reminded me of Hawaii and being a surf bum. Him and his base player get out the acoustic guitars and jam on a picnic table which of course i was right in front. He is promoting a new cd which you should check out Cause it WAY good. Its called Life, Love, Laughter. GO to i tunes. Here is some photos and footage of the show. The sound may not be way clear since i was right in front.CHECK OUT HIS CD. Aloha
Posted by Dan Kettle at Saturday, October 04, 2008